Tasks and Responsibilities
• Formulation of the overall vision and
strategy of the organization in medium and long-term business plans and the
exercise of leadership pursuant to the priorities and strategies set by such
• Active representation of WeGO at international events and proactive partnership building with global partners for the enhancement of the WeGO brand, improved services to WeGO members and strengthened international WeGO network.
• Membership management and expansion. Effective communication with existing WeGO members and expansion of new city and corporate members globally.
• Facilitate and expand replicable smart sustainable city best practices among WeGO members and global partners.
• Effective fundraising from international agencies, the private sector and other sources, for the provision of benefits to WeGO members and the diversification of WeGO’s funding.
• Management of the preparation of the meetings of the General Assembly and Executive Committee and the effective performance of the functions and duties assigned by them.
• An international mind-set and a
future-oriented vision for the 4th industrial revolution, smart cities, and
sustainable urban development.
• Ten or more years of work experience in public or international organizations, academia, research organizations, or the private sector in technology, ICT or international cooperation/development. Applicants who have worked in an international context related to: Technology, Smart City, and Urban Sustainability will be given preference.
• Perfect command of and native-level proficiency in English (Applicants who are also fluent in other official languages of the United Nations such as French, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, and Arabic are welcomed.)
• Strong leadership ability to provide clear vision, direction, and strategies for WeGO and the organizational operation of the WeGO Secretariat
• Experiences in successful partnerships with other international organizations and effective fundraising as well as excellent communication, negotiation, collaboration and networking skills
• High-level understanding of smart cities, sustainable urban development, and digital technologies
Location of Office: WeGO Secretariat, 7F, Seoul Global Center, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea
Required Documents (All in English)
1. Application Form to be downloaded on the WeGO website
2. Cover Letter and Resume
3. One Letter of Recommendation
4. Copies of diplomas and trans
5. Employment Verification Letters
6. Other Professional Certificates, Licenses, or Supporting Documents (if any)
Deadline for Submission of Required Documents: April 19, 2018 at 23:59 KST(UTC/GMT+9)
Apply (All in English)
Please download the application form from the WeGO website and,
Submit the application form and necessary to email@example.com by the deadline.
For further inquiries, contact the WeGO Secretariat at +82 (0)2 070-4202-9110